Business is moving onto the internet, and has been doing so since it’s creation. The way people interact with their computers, and expect to be able to access, consume, and create their data has become really important.
Traditionally, computer based accounting was the reserve of big business, and everyone else kept manual records in ledgers, and then later on translated them on to excel spreadsheets.
As computers got cheaper, accountancy packages like sage were released, offering ‘single-entry’ style bookkeeping, which made it easier to keep books and manage larger levels of transactions.
The internet has brought with it ‘Software as a service’ of SaaS. This concept is that rather than buying a piece of software forever, you subscribe to it as an ever evolving service. The advantage is that we have software which is always up to date, and can keep up with the fast moving technological pace, and also user’s expectations.
As OS Accounting, we are experts in Cloud and Online accounting solutions, we have partnerships with Xero, Quickbooks and Sage – the largest suppliers of online accounting software.
If want to move away from manual books, or you are looking to upgrade away from your traditional accounting software – please contact us
How does cloud accounting work?
The cloud makes your data available online, by taking files and other data that you store on your local computer and putting a copy onto servers accessible on any computer, tablet, phone or internet enabled device. By storing your data in an internet based database, rather than in a local file, your accounting records can be accessed through any computer rather than the one it is stored on. It, in essence, is like a corporate network on a global scale.
What is the best cloud accounting software?
With so many options its hard to chose the best accounting software. As with everything, there is never a generic ‘best solution’, what may be excellent for a legal firm may not suit electrical contractors. We can help advise and create the best cloud based accounting system for your business.
OS Accounting are Xero Certified, as well as Quickbooks ProAdvisors, and Sage Partners, so we are well placed to advise you on new technologies.
Is cloud based accounting safe?
Cloud based accounting is built on the same encryption technology as Internet banking, in some cases the encryption is even higher. Your data is stored in data centres which have high grade technology that is too expensive for any home or small business to buy, and maintained by highly trained technology experts and staff. To top off the advantages, it is backed up automatically, usually in real time in multiple locations making sure that you always have access.
What are the advantages of Cloud accounting over traditional accounting software?
- All of the new technologies, such as bank feeds, mean that most of your transactions are ready to post, in real time, so your profit could also be reported in nearly real time;
- You can have multiple users who can collaborate, and update data at the same time with no extra software needed;
- Software is updated regularly by experts in the background – no more worrying about whether your data and software will still work after an update;
- No more installing software on your computer, or backing up – everything is done automatically, and updates are included in your subscription so you’re always on the latest version.
- No more servers! All of the infrastructure is provided with the software and maintained by experts off site – meaning lower implementation and upkeep costs.
- Support is usually included in your subscription and you have the option to collaborate with the person giving you support.
If you would like to see how we can help, please fill out the form below: